Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Creature Double Feature Show - Nov. 2, 2009

I know there has been a lot of Frankenstein happening lately on here. I just finished this piece for the Philadelphia Cartoonist Society's "Creature Double Feature" group show on Friday. Nov. 2, 2009 at Brave New Worlds Comics (45 North 2nd Street in Olde City Philadelphia).
I wanted this piece to be kind of a bookend to the piece I did for this week's upcoming "Dia de los Muertos" show for the Autimn Society at Proximity Gallery (2434 E. Dauphin Street in Fishtown). The sizes of the images are the same (11" x 14"). Also, both images were done with ink and marker on drawing paper. Both images are themed around the Hoagy Carmichael song, "The Nearness of You". It's become one of my favorite songs lately. Hope to see some folks at both shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff. This is awesome. Was it in Concetta's show?