Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jeff Kilpatrick Harry Potter vs. Dr. Who Shirt on Teefury.com Tuesday, August 9

Sorry for the shameless plug here on my blog. I have been doing a good amount of T-Shirt designs lately. Some of the shirts I design and get made (like the North Catholic shirts). Sometimes I do these online submission sites. So far, Teefury has accepted two of my designs, this being the first. Teefury gets a whole lot of (but not only) fan traffic from sci-fi, fantasy film, television, and cult movie fanatics. And the folks who frequent these sites and buy the shirts are very passionate about their fandom.

There is a HUGE Dr. Who audience on the site, and there seems to be a big following of Harry Potter fans too. Anyways, the first design I tried my hand at was a combination/parody of those two characters. The reason being mostly was the scarves. It just seemed like a striking visual element to base the design on. Plus, one of the challenges of the designs for these sites is using a limited number of colors. The maximum number of colors Teefury allows is six. Sometimes, giving myself a very limited palette and a strict set of guidelines can be a good catalyst for finishing a project. Anyhow, the shirt is for sale only today, then it goes into the “Gallery” section if you’d like to view the design later.

Click here to see the shirt on Teefury.

www.teefury.com

1 comment:

Andrew Hoffmann said...

Oh you KNOW I'm digging this!